Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pasta sauce, cream cheese please!

OK so I'm cruising the pasta sauce aisle at SuperStore, same old same jars of sauce and no matter how much spice I add to it, it just seems bland to me.  I give up and head over to the dairy section and see the Philadelphia Cream Cheese pasta sauce, hmmm, I thought "the commercial looked good and everyone was smiling in it!" lol lol So I grab the "herb and garlic" tub and I decide to make Mel's pasta surprise.  I have to say I did pretty good, considering I made a whole pan and there was 1 bowl left over...or everyone was just being polite and really hungry, either way here it is!
I baked some lean/skin removed chicken thighs(Blue Menu@Superstore) with some spices and onions for 35mins.  Boiled the pasta and cut up the veggies, broccoli and peppers.  Mix the whole tub of Philly crm cheese, with the whole box of pasta noodles, drained and added canned mushrooms, tomatoes(diced, seasoned w.onion & celery already), fresh spinach and peppers.  Mixed it all up, poured into large baking pan.  Added cooked-cut up chicken, and fresh broccoli on top, covered with foil and baked for 30mins.(to soften brocoli).
This rocked...why, because the Philly tub cost $3.80 or less, it was enough sauce for an entire box of pasta, which is what I need to feed my family, it has only 110 calories per 1/4 cup and considering I used a box of pasta, the calories are spread out!  And it actually tasted great...you could taste the herbs!  One request by the kids was to add the Red Barn, double smoke Hickory bacon!...that bacon deserves one whole page to itself, not even going to go in that super, yummy, best bacon ever, direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment