Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 28th...The Waffle-izer, 4 ingredient Paleo friendly waffles!

OK so in the vast amounts of spare I have I like to watch the food channel, shows like " Ya Gotta Eat Here" and "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" because they are funny and I get inspired by SOME of the meals that these creative people come up with!  I also watch it because some of these meals are insanely high in fat and sugar, it's crazy!  So lately the show has featured a couple of restaurants that make waffles and serve anything and everything on them and in them.  So I thought why can't I do that?  I'm going to "waffle-ize" whatever I can, so look out kitchen here I come!
So I started with a basic 4 ingredient recipe for these waffles, Coconut flour, Protein powder, egg whites and Greek yogurt.  I added vanilla, dark chocolate and a pinch of cinnamon...this is pretty much your base minus the last 2 ingredients...
 I pounded out the dark chocolate, that way you get more pieces in every bite!
 Wet and dry ingredients separate....
OK note to self, Coconut flour thickens up seconds!  I thought I could whisk this all together, nope!  Use a spatula to mix ingredients together and save yourself this mess!
Fire up the old Waffle maker...I sprayed the hot plates lightly with Pam cooking spray, then divided the recipe into 4 and dropped the mix on the hot plates and closed it up...now wait 2-3 minutes for the magic to happen!
BOOM! they were done just like that!  Those are not burn marks by the way...that's melted chocolate...
What I love about these waffles is that they are super fast to prepare and cook.  They are rich in flavor...the Coconut flour is already a bit sweet so don't over do it with more sweet items.  I ate my waffle this more with shredded apple on it, so good!  What I didn't like and need to tweak in this recipe is, that the waffle is a bit dry and heavy tasting.  I think next batch I will add a couple of tbsp of Almond milk.  I'll keep you posted, let me know what creations you come up with!

Ingredients
1/3 cup plain 0% Greek yogurt
1/3 cup egg whites
1/2 cup Coconut flour
1 scoop Protein powder
extras...1 tsp vanilla, 2 piecec dark chocolate


No comments:

Post a Comment