Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May 8th..."wrap" up your lunch!

OK so I'm notorious for eating the same thing over and over.  I will discover a new recipe and eat it to death.  Right now I'm hooked on the Paleo friendly Bacon and Broccoli salad, yummERS!  I always try the original recipe, then by luck run out of ingredients, which forces me to get creative and use what I have in the fridge or cupboard...i.e. todays lunch!
 Below are tuna wraps.  I used Romaine "pre-packed" leafs, tomato and onion tuna out of a can, fresh avocado and mango...I love mango's and put them on everything!  TIP...mash up your avocado into the tuna to make it creamier and then there's no need for mayo and extra calories.  You could use any protein here, turkey slices, chicken and even tofu.  The Romaine leaves give it the crunch your looking for instead of bread...
 The broccoli salad has the sweet from the fruit and savory from the bacon.  The dressing is 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt and 1 tbsp light mayo (optional...I did not make the homemade Paleo mayo...scooped mine out of the jar!) 1 tbsp lemon juice...you might want to add more or less lemon juice depending on how "tart" you like it.  And a dash of salt and pepper.  I used about 3 heads of broccoli, the size of my palm.  1/2 cup chopped celery, 1/4 cup dried cranberries, 2 tbsp sun flower seeds or sliced almonds, 5 pieces of chopped BACON!  You can use either 1/2 cup chopped red grapes, apples or mango...whatever you have lying around...go easy on the nuts, seeds and dried fruits as they can pack a lot of calories...use them just to give a little extra crunch or to just make it look pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment