Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Thursday, June 6, 2013

June 6th...Perfect day for Paleo friendly, dairy and gluten-free BROWNIES!

Who doesn't like brownies...if you say not me, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!  Oh I know, it's because you feel guilty eating them.  Well I'm here to rescue your chocolate cravings and leave you feeling good about it. I have made dairy and gluten-free brownies!  I was so excited that we got our first Bulk Barn store here in Victoria, because now I can buy almond flour and other healthy baking alternatives that are Paleo friendly and AFFORDABLE.  So let's get on with it! 
Here's what you need...Almond flour, baking powder, Cocoa Powder, salt, coconut oil, eggs, honey, vaniella, dark chocolate pieces, and nuts optional...
I got the dark chocolate pieces and the coconut oil melting together in a double boiler first on low...OK, OK so the element is red hot, I did turn it down as I realized it might burn on high!  See this is why I "try this out" FIRST, to give you the low-down...
While that was melting slowly, I mixed all my dry ingredients...
 Then mixed the wet ingredients separate...
The chocolate has nicely melted...
Let the melted chocolate cool for just a few minutes.  Pour in slowly into the liquid mixture, then add your dry ingredients slowly as well.  NOTE TO SELF, if you add the liquid chocolate when it's hot, you might cook your eggs in the liquid mixture...just say'n...
Pour mixture into an 8x8 greased baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 
30 mins. 
These are yum-a-lish-ous!  I was so happy with how great the almond flour turned out.  Super moist, great texture and just enough chocolaty  sweetness to curve your cravings away.  I added cashews to mine just to mix it up a bit and we all enjoyed them last night...might have to make a batch for my Boot Campers, for tonight's class!

INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate squares
- 2 tbsp chopped cashews (optional)








No comments:

Post a Comment