Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Great finds!


I always get excited when I find a deal! I was making my "power balls" and the recipe called for Almond Butter, of which I  had none left.  So I went to Le Super Store (trying to make it sounds fancy) and I noticed their Blue menu brand "Just Peanuts" it was a bigger jar than "Adams Natural" and the Almond butter brand as well. So I flipped to see the label and nutritional values, I  was actually surprised that everything was the same except for the peanut butter had 120mg (maybe a bit less) more sodium per serving than the almond butter.  I know almonds are a healthier choice but for cooking/baking and using large amounts, I will go for the better deal.

Here is the Almond milk I use for everything...it's the PC brand Organics, vanilla and unsweetened.  One cup has 45cal. and 440mg of Potassium! Your muscles love that, especially after a hard work out, helps to repair them.  Only 3 g of fat and no sugar.

And the PC brand Greek yogurt, I love this! 0% milk fat.  In 3/4 cup serving which I find a bit much, because the yogurt is so thick and a bit "tart".  It has 120cal. no fat, 2g sugar and 18g protein!  That is awesomER!
So check these out and let me know what you think, if you have any "great finds" pass it on to me!
Now, for the big news, going Paleo in April, will post my food diary, belly picture, ect...follow me on my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment