Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Friday, July 5, 2013

July 5th...I Mel-er-ized a Dark chocolate, Almond-butter frozen Banana sandwich!

Alright, I will not take credit for this SUPER...YUMMINESS of a party in your mouth!  I saw these posted on Face Book and as awesome as they looked, I knew they would not be bikini body friendly!  So I decided I would Mel-er-ize them into something healthy.  All you need are 3 simple ingredients... 
So the original recipe uses bananas, peanut butter and milk chocolate...I'm using Almond Butter because it's healthier than peanut butter...just read the labels.  Almond butter has 1 ingredient and peanut butter has at least 10 and 8 of which, I cannot pronounce.  Banana is a Banana.  And Dark chocolate, has less sugar and fat and, a higher Cocoa bean count.  This makes it higher in nutrients.  One of those nutrients are flavonoids, a special class of antioxidants which help prevent cell damage in your body...
First you want to get the chocolate melting, above I'm using a double boiler.  Start this process out on low-med. heat, it will take you a few minutes to get everything else going and you don't want to burn the chocolate...
Secondly, you need to slice up your bananas HINT...leave your bananas in the fridge to get hard so that when you slice them into bite size pieces, they don't get all mushy and slimy...
Next, I use just a dab of Almond butter, just enough to hold the bananas together.  Don't go crazy and load them up as if it were a "Smores"...remember 1 Tbsp = 100 calories!
Once your mini "banana-butter" sandwiches are built, your ready for the chocolate!
Now that the dark chocolate has melted, place Parchment paper on a cookie sheet and begin to dab a little on the top of each...
Once you have finished, place them in the freezer for at least an hour.  I know that's a long time to wait, but it will be worth it!  You have to think in terms of "less is more" here, because the ingredients are richer in flavor, therefore you can use less, and EAT MORE!
I used 3 bananas, 6 squares of chocolate and about 1 Tbsp of Almond butter, which made me 25 pieces.  Each mouthful is about or less than 25 calories, so take a bite, let it melt in your mouth and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment