Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 4th...don't waste it, save it and freeze it!

 OK I know you are looking at this picture and wondering, what is she up too...well I was making my homemade Quinoa Granola yesterday and the recipe called for 1/4 cup of canned pumpkin.  I opened the monster can of pumpkin and scooped out the 1/4 cup. This hardly made a dent in the can and now, what to do with the rest?
Every once in while, if I have enough coffee my brain can be pretty clever!  I knew I needed to freeze the pumpkin and that it had to be in little batches as that is what most my recipes require hmmm?  I took out the empty ice cube tray in the freezer and I say empty because no one ever refills it! 
Then I scooped out 1/4 cup pre-portions of the pumpkin and put it in the trays...keep your edges clean so that you can slide it out easy with a spoon.
Some how I had these giant freezer bags in my cupboard, I think I got them from the dollar store, anyhow I wrapped the tray with Clip Wrap first so the pumpkin wouldn't make a mess all over the bag, then I can reuse the bag again.
Once frozen, you can pop each one out and store in a smaller freezer bag for when you need it...remember to label the bag, because when it gets lost at the back of the freezer, you will know what it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment