Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Friday, June 21, 2013

June 21st...Paleo Pulled-Pork Lettuce Wraps!

Oh how I love my slow-cooker!  It's like the ultimate multi-task-ER machine.  I was really pumped to get my Epicure order which had the "pulled-pork" seasoning packet in it.  I knew that I could get a least 2 family meals out of this pot and some left-overs for me for lunch...
Why do I love lettuce wraps sooo much...because you can be super creative and have a super flavorful meal, without adding lots of extra calories.  Today, I was feeling the love for mango's, tomorrow it will be peaches!  So all I have here is Romaine leaves which will be my wraps, cilantro, avocado, mango, left-over pork and a lime wedge... 
Because the pulled-pork has a weee bit of heat to it, I like to add my NEW favorite guilt-free dip from, yes you guessed it, SuperStore...this Greek yogurt dip has only 30 calories for 2 tbsp serving AND 3g of protein!
Let's build this wrap cause I'm getting hungry!  The bigger the leaf, the better to hold all your ingredients in.  Layer onto the leaf the pulled-pork or whatever protein you like, then add finely chopped avocado and mango.  Sprinkle on top fresh cilantro and then finish with a squeeze of lime to make the flavors burst!  If you find it a little hot, add a dab of Greek yogurt dip to cool the fire.  Load up on napkins as you will have juices from the wrap running down your arm!

No comments:

Post a Comment