Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

September 25th...Paleo chicken stuffed with YUMMIENESS!

Yum, this was so good!  Mushroom and Hazelnut, stuffed chicken for dinner tonight!  So for the month of October, I'm going to encourage all my clients and yourself, to go Paleo for the entire month.   Not to worry, I will hook you up with all the goods, such as recipes, website info and all that you will need for a painless transition!  I was flipping through one of my Paleo books, thanks Jamie, and saw today's dinner...here it is...
Set oven to 400 degrees / Ingredients: 4 chicken breasts / 2 cups finely chopped mushrooms / 1 sm onion / 3 cloves garlic / 1/4 cups Hazelnuts chopped / 1/2 cups chic stock / 2 tbsp Dijon mustard / 1 tbsp fresh Sage / I used Coconut Oil to satay everything in.
Satay onions first in oil about 7 mins.  add mushrooms and continue to cook til all moisture is gone.  Add Hazelnuts, mix together and set aside in a bowl to cool down.
Slice chicken breasts in half so you can stuff them with the mixture...took me 3 tries to get it right!  I ended up just using my hands to stuff the chicken...make sure mixture has cooled off, don't want to burn your fingers.  Bring ends together, I used tooth picks to hold edges together.
Add a bit more oil to pan, brown all sides of stuffed breast.  Place on baking pan, in the oven at 400 degrees for 15-20mins.
Use same frying pan with all the leftovers in it to make the gravy.  Add chicken stock, Dijon mustard, and Sage ( I didn't have fresh Sage, so just used a poultry seasoning).  Bring to a simmer for a few minutes, reduce heat to let thicken.  Pour over your stuffed chicken!
Does this not look good or what!  I had mine with a healthy version of the Waldorf salad ( I used Greek yogurt and a splash of lemon juice for dressing on the salad).  The rest of the family had rice, kids loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment